- Be suspicious of any high pressure contractor who tries to rush you to make decisions, particularly if the repairs are not an emergency or the work is temporary
- Ask for references; an ethical contractor will be happy to provide them
- Do not deal with a contractor who asks you to pay for the entire job upfront
- Immediately dismiss any contractor who claims to be backed by FEMA – they do not endorse individual contractors
- Look for the business name and phone number on the vehicle of anyone who approaches you about repairs
- Ask to see the contractor’s driver’s license – write down the license number and the license plate number of their vehicle
- Never allow a contractor to discourage you from contacting your insurance company; you should contact your insurance company immediately
Do you have an emergency right now? Call us at 800-277-4787
If you need disaster restoration in Clearwater or surrounding areas, Disaster One is here for you. Our trained and certified technicians are standing by 24/7 to help you with anything from simple water removal if you’ve experienced a broken water line, to fire damage restoration – up to completely rebuilding your structure after a major loss.
Disaster One is a fully licensed, insured and bonded general contractor, which means one phone call is all it takes to bring you back from your loss. You can count on Disaster One to when emergencies strike, such as hurricanes, floods, fires and water-related disasters.
Disaster One serves the Tampa – Clearwater – St. Petersburg area of Florida including Sarasota, Brooksville, and more.
Disaster One is proud to be a member of numerous real estate, multifamily, insurance and business associations. We are committed not just to membership but to taking on active leadership roles within these organizations. We support these groups because they share our dedication to strengthening the communities we serve.