When tornadoes ripped through North Carolina on April 16, they left behind $115 million in damages in Raleigh alone. The outbreak was one of the largest in US history, spawning 241 twisters over 14 states in a 3-day period. The devastation has been staggering.
- Benefit tornado victims
- Thank the first responders and volunteers who’ve been helping with recovery
- Celebrate the Raleigh spirit of optimism and togetherness
“Rise Up Raleigh” will feature concerts from an incredible lineup of talent at the Downtown Raleigh Amphitheater beginning at 5 pm on Friday, June 3, 2011. Disaster One will be there to lend our support. Please make plans now to join us!
Admission is free but donations will be accepted. All proceeds from the event will go to the following charities:
- The Salvation Army of Wake County
- Centro International de Raleigh
- The Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- Helping Hand Mission
The event continues to grow – for the latest info, visit Rise Up Raleigh.
Let us know what you think – share your comments below!